I’ve just finished reading Deep Work by Cal Newport. Here’s some notes.
Deep work is performing professional work in a completely distraction free state that allows for deeper cognitive capabilities which allow us to provider more quality and quantity to something we are learning or trying to contribute to.
Because the 2 abilities required to thrive in today’s economy are:
- The ability to quickly master hard things
- The ability to produce at a elite level, in terms of both quality and speed.
- Learn to train your mind to not give in to distractions.
- Take time away from screens.
- Quit social media if it provides no value. They are designed to keep your attention.
- Schedule your day into block so you have ample time for deep work as well as shallow work.